Welcome to the Nursery at First Church of Christ. We seek to provide a safe, Christian atmosphere for the smallest members of our church. We hope that our loving care of your children will enable you to relax and enjoy the service.
Goals of Nursery Ministry:
1. To help each child feel comfortable, secure, and special
2. To help each child learn to play and share with other children
3. To help each child have positive feelings about coming to church.
4. To begin to introduce the children to Bible stories and songs.
5. To encourage the active participation of parents in worship, teaching, and other church activities.
1. The Nursery is open 15 minutes prior to services.
2. Children are to be brought to the Nursery by their parent and signed in. An area for special instructions is included on the sign-in sheet to write anything your caregiver needs to know about your child while they are in the nursery.
3. Parents should pick up their children immediately after the service.
4. Please have your children’s belongings labeled. This includes diaper bag, bottles, drinking cups, pacifiers, blankets, etc.
5. Only plastic bottles and disposable diapers should be brought to the nursery.
6. Children should not bring personal toys to the nursery.
7. Medications cannot be given by nursery caregivers. Please to do not put any type of medication in your child’s bottle.
8. Toys are washed at the end of each session.
1. Infants will be fed formula, milk, juice, or water as provided in plastic bottles. Note: the nursery does not have a refrigerator or the ability to warm bottles.
2. We will be happy to feed your child food that you provide. Please include bibs, spoons, etc.
3. Toddlers will be served a snack of juice and cereal or crackers when appropriate. If your child is allergic to anything please notify the caregiver.
1. For the protection of your child and other children, parents are requested not to bring a child who appears to be ill.
2. If a child develops a fever or other systems of illness while in the nursery, the parent will be contacted.
Classroom Behavior Supervision:
1. Caregiver has the responsibility of managing the classroom in a manner that assures a safe, secure, and nurturing environment for the children.
2. Every attempt will be made to soothe a crying infant or child. In the event the an infant/toddler cries inconsolably, the parent will be called to assist.
3. Children are expected to follow directions given by the caregiver. Any corrections needed by the toddler will be done in a positive way.
4. If the child refuses to comply with the caregivers directions and creates an unsafe situation the parents will contacted.
The nursery has a theme for the month based on the seasons which incorporates faith stories and vocabulary.
The nursery is set up to provide an opportunity for self-guided play centers: book nook, home play, building play, cars & truck play, puzzles and games, and art.
Story reading is a one on one activity will a caregiver.
Music time is held as a large group activity with the children.
The sensor bin activity is closely supervised by a caregiver.
September: We go to church
Story time books focus on going to church
Music time: If you're happy and Jesus loves the little children
Coloring: picture of typical church activites
October: God gives us Fall
Story time books focus on signs of fall
Music time: Autumn Leaves with a pick up construction paper leaves activity, Blow the Wind with scarves, Leaves are falling with fabric leaves, and Five Little Pumkins
Coloring: pictures of Fall
November: We Thank God
Story time books focus on thanking God for our many blessings
Music time: When its Autumn, Turkey Hop, and
Coloring: Thanksgiving pictures
December: Jesus' Birthday
Story time books focus on the Christmas Story
Music: traditional Christmas Hymns
Coloring: Nativity picture
January: God Gives Us Winter
Story time books focus on being thankful for the winter season
Music: I Am A Little Snowman, I Can Make A Snowman, and Snowflake, Snowflake
Coloring: winter pictures
February: God is Love
Story time books focus: Love come from God
Music: Love Grows one by One, Jesus Loves Me
Coloring pictures: heart themes
The Easter Story: signs of Easter
Story time books focus on the things we see at Easter
Music: Easter Sing Along Songs
Coloring: Easter eggs, chicks, butterflies, and bunnies
April: All God's Creatures
Story time books focus on creation of all God's creatures
Music: Super Simple Songs: Animals
Color: Picture of animals